Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase & Awards
May 21/22, 2016
In its fourth year, the independent Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase is one-fourth of the Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes global movement, which started in 2010 as a filmmaker symposium and has evolved to include a US based pre-Cannes Film Festival information session, a Cannes Film Festival representation plan and the Short Film Showcase.
WEB SERIES ARE ELIGIBLE!!!!
Since not all films will be chosen as Festival de Cannes official selections, the Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase and Awards honors the achievements of diverse filmmakers looking to solidify their position in the global film industry and doing their part to ensure the presence of the under represented story at the Festival de Cannes and Beyond. Independent of the Cannes Film Festival, the ultimate goals are to:
- Celebrate the accomplishments of globally diverse filmmakers at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Provide a platform for diverse filmmakers worldwide to brainstorm strategies to finance, produce and distribute their films.
- Honor the contribution of filmmakers committed to the global preservation of the underrepresented story.
- Enhance the visibility of emerging filmmakers to the international film community.
- Expand the networking territory amongst diverse filmmakers worldwide.
- Raise awareness of the need for greater diversity at the Festival de Cannes and other global entertainment industry events.
- Promote inclusion not segregation by bringing all people together to celebrate the achievements of those pioneering filmmakers bringing diverse perspectives to the big screen for the world to see.
- All filmmakers and films promoting diversity of race, gender, age, religious affiliation, physical ability and sexual orientation are eligible for submission.
- All film genres are eligible for submission including animation, comedy, documentary, drama, horror & sci-fi.
- All films must be under 20 minutes.
Top eight films from ALL eligible entries as determined by Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes and its partners will be considered in competition and screened during the Diversity in Cannes Short Film Showcase & Awards in May 2016 at the same time as the Cannes Film Festival. Filmmakers in competition will be notified in late April. Final winners will be determined by jury and announced at the showcase.
SUBMIT TODAY !
Web series are eligible!!!!